Thursday, October 1, 2015

Our beautiful state

Every six weeks I make the trip across the state with Lane to his appointment and every trip I leave my camera at home, but not today.

I have recently decided that I was going to be more serious about photography after a year of being "harassed" by my family and some friends. I never thought that I would be like the other local photographer's and make it here, because there are so many out there. I mean, who is going to choose me to do their pictures when they have so many other options and those photographers have a very good size cliental with very nice online portfolio's, but I have chosen not to let this stop me as I practice on the moon, my garden, little animals that have decided to visit my yard and of course my boys.

So, as I packed my things in the car to head across the state I made sure to grab my camera in hopes that I would be able to get some pictures of landmarks along the way. Needless to say, it started off very foggy this morning, but I did see some old abandoned buildings on farms. I did not stop on the way down and had every intention to stop on the way home. I did make sure to stop at the river, I have to get a picture of the bridge every time we go, but it has always been a picture on my phone, but not today :) I actually stopped and got a very nice shot. Once his appointment was over, we had a little time to kill and I decided this was the perfect opportunity to take a drive and look for some old buildings. I got some very nice pictures of the clouds and sun rays on the way home, but still did not get the abandoned buildings along the road. There are still seven months to capture them, but for now I will share the ones I was able to get today. I hope you enjoy our beautiful state as much as I do.

Until next time.....
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment